So as a survivor of 23 single Halloweens I can encourage you, it will be okay! You can survive the Halloween parties and trick or treating with out a man.
Here are five tips for surviving Halloween as a single girl:
- Give yourself permission to eat chocolate. Eat lots of it. Fun-sized chocolate doesn't have calories.
- Avoid matching costumes. Unless being half of Sonny and Cher is your thing. Then by all means go for it.
- Scary movies by yourself is a bad idea. Go for something like Mean Girls or Baby Mama. Because who is a better date than Tina Fey?
- Exploit your singleness. Dress up as "Recently Broken Up". Wear sweats and messy hair and carry around cookie dough and ice cream
- Eat more chocolate. Really ladies. This is your excuse to gorge yourself on candy. Go buy 15 bags of Milky Ways and some candy corn (because that's basically a vegetable right?). And bonus points if you buy it all half price tomorrow. (Because in candy world October 31 and November 1 are the same)